Friday, October 14, 2011

Cancer Free!

Saw Dr. Ogilvie this morning, and got great news. The first thing he said was that he was very happy with what he saw on the MRI - which was no sign of cancer!

The nurse who brought us into the exam room brought up the MRI images before she left. I saw some big white blob and mentioned it to Scott, who just said "Wait for the doctor." Turns out it was my stomach (from the CT scan I'd had a few weeks ago). (>8

Dr. Ogilvie went through the MRI images with us, and pointed out where the tumor had been, the inflammation from the surgery (still!), and how he determined that there wasn't any (macroscopic) tumor present. We also discussed my hand strength and sensation (or lack of) - it could be as much as a year out of radiation for those to start returning, getting drugs for my next MRI, and full travel clearance for work.

Next step: Arm MRI and chest CT scan in January. I'll have those every 3-4 months for the next two years, then less frequently for a few more years after that. Hopefully all quite boring!

1 comment: