Thursday, June 16, 2011

To My Family and Friends:

Tuesday morning I went to an orientation at Pathways (pathwaysminneapolis.org), a non-profit organization that offers complementary healing services for people affected by health crises. There was a video shown, in which participants discussed their experiences at Pathways. One participant mentioned that when she was diagnosed with her brain tumor, all her friends just disappeared.

I feel so lucky that that has not been the case for me, either now or way back in 1989. In fact, it has always made me realize how lucky I am to have the wonderful friends and family I have, and how good people are (sometimes we need a little reminder of this, when we're always hearing about the bad things that people do).

Yesterday I went out for breakfast with my friends Misty, Katie, and Maria. I ate sugar and drank coffee, and didn't drink any green tea, but I laughed for two hours, so I figure that more than made up for my dietary lapse.

I've received so many well wishes and offers of assistance, but at least at this moment, there's not really much with which I need help at this time (unless you really want to scrub my bathtub). So thank you, everyone, for your offers. I guess the best thing right now is to just keep me laughing. (>8

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention the most important person on your medical team - clearly it is you! have always been impressed with your focus and clear mind -- and reading your blog it shows me how well it serves you. What a gift -- your persistence and analytical thinking will be what gives you the best outcome. And, once when I remarked how lucky I was that in my life I had such supporting friends and doctors, I was reminded that It was me that collected and maintained such a supportive set of friends and doctors. In your case, family is a bonus!

    I am headed off to run Grandma's -- I alway dedicate mile 7 to someone who needs good fortune -- of course this year that mile is dedicated to you!

    ReplyDelete