Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Halfway There!

Today was radiation treatment #16 out of 32, so I'm half done! I'm still doing pretty well - the skin on my arm is not too irritated, and no real obvious fatigue. Fatigue is such a subjective thing to me, so any time I've noticed anything I've been able to chalk it up to something else. I'm not planning on experiencing faigue. I've been running regularly (ok, running/walking), have been to some gym classes, and am riding my bike. Sunday I took my road bike out, but the ride was cut short by a flat that wasn't able to be fixed.

Through some connections I met Julia, who went through surgery, radiation, and chemo two years ago. She actually works in the natural health care industry, and last night we talked about some of the things that worked for her, mostly to alleviate side effects of the chemo and radiation. She also told me about the website of Kris Carr, crazysexycancer.com. Julia was such a great resource, and I learned a lot of tips about how to prevent or lessen fatigue and burns on my arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment