Monday, August 22, 2011

(Minor) Bummer

I titled this post with the word "Minor" because I want to keep things in perspective. There are a lot worse things that could happen. But I got a call from radiation oncology, and the machine is down, so I can't get today's treatment. It should be back up tomorrow, and I show up at my scheduled time. Today's missed treatment is made up...at the end - September 12th. So now it's no longer Friday, September 9th, I have to go back in for one more treatment on the following Monday. Like I said above, a lot worse things could happen, but I'm bummed nonetheless. I was planning on going to Door County that weekend to ride the Century Ride as a sort of celebration for finishing, now it will be for almost finishing. And since the ride is Sunday, I wasn't planning to drive back until Monday, that's a long drive to make sure I get back in time for one last appointment.

Perhaps I'm blowing things out of proportion, but I guess that just shows how, even though I think I'm doing well, what a fine line this all is sometimes. How one thing not going according to plan throws things (or my mental state, to be exact) out of balance. Then there's that little part of me that worries sometimes, what if the radiation isn't working? What if I'm going in every day, and it's not doing anything? Or, is it bad that I'm getting another day off, to delay my next treatment? Ok, also kind of silly, but I'm sure I'm not the only cancer patient that has these thoughts at times...

Ok, time for Tai Chi. Just read that it's really good for your immune system - better than running, in fact (>8. Maybe it's good for your mood, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment