Saturday, September 24, 2011

Post-radiation, Post-celebration

Thanks to everyone who came to the celebration last week. There was a good turnout, and it was interesting - and also a little overwhelming - to see so many different friends and family all in one place.

Fighting cancer doesn't involve just the person that was diagnosed. And I'm not talking about the doctors, nurses, and radiation techs. It takes a lot of support from everyone you know. And, in turn, I don't think it's always easy to be the support crew, either. That's why I felt so compelled to celebrate with everyone.

My arm is already looking a lot better. It started peeling around the time of the party, and is almost done peeling (I think). Now it's just itchy and a bit sensitive. I'll wait another week or two to schedule the MRI that will that look for any residual cancer.

I did go ahead and have a lung scan on Monday, though. I had one initially, which was clear, and was overdue for the next one. I think I once read that MPNST is a persistent cancer that likes to go to the lungs, so I was a little anxious to have it done! Wednesday I got the news that everything looks good, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment